What’s the situation regarding Nights Away permits?

Gilwell Park is a campsite, and requires you to have a campsite nights away permit. If you do not yet have a Nights Away permit, then you should either try and pair up with another group that has one, or find an additional leader from another section that does. Please note there is no blanket Nights Away coverage for this event. In exceptional circumstances where a Nights Away permit is an issue, please contact us using the contact details provided on the “contact us” page.

If you are a young person, you can attend Gilwell 24 with an “Event Passport”. This must be issued by a Night’s Away permit holder, so ask your leader or district commissioner to see if you can get one of these. We ask anyone camping with an Event Passport to read our information sheet for event passport holders and to indicate on registration if you will be camping on an event passport.